Richard gere dating
30 Witty Dating Quotes From Celebrities
As professional women always on the lookout for the best and the brightest life has to offer, we can’t help but reflect back on our past dating experiences, as well as the ones we are currently exploring and those we’ve yet to discover. The best to stay sane, we’ve found, is to know others are going through the same exact thing as you. This is where some very witty—and inspirational—dating quotes come in handy.
We’ve gathered up 30 witty dating quotes from celebrities in the hopes that a little bit of insight, intelligence, and, yes, laughter can help you take on Valentine’s season with a bit of a different attitude. Read on!
Photo: Getty Images
1. In my own relationships, I know that I should break up with someone who doesn’t encourage me to be strong and make my own choices and do what’s best in my life, so if you’re dating someone who doesn’t want you to be the best person you can be, you shouldn’t be dating them.
2. You know, the man of my dreams might walk round the corner tomorrow. I’m older and wiser and I think I’d make a great girlfriend. I live in the realm of romantic possibility.
3. Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs. This is the principle behind lotteries, dating, and religion.
4. Save a boyfriend for a rainy day—and another, in case it doesn’t rain.
5. I think more dating stuff is scheduling. It’s needing people who understand your work schedule.
MORE: 101 Amazing Love Quotes We’ll Never Get Tired Of
6. If you don’t have a valentine, hang out with your girlfriends, don’t go looking for someone. When it’s right, they’ll come to you.
7. I don’t have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who’d be mad at me for saying that.
8. I used to be a real prince charming if I went on a date with a girl. But then I’d get to where I was likely to have a stroke from the stress of keeping up my act. I’ve since learned the key to a good date is to pay attention to her.
9. If you kiss on the first date and it’s not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it’s better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else.
10. I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship.
11. Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.
12. I don’t know any of us who are in relationships that are totally honest – it doesn’t exist.
13. I have a lot of boyfriends, I want you to write that. Every country I visit, I have a different boyfriend. And I kiss them all.
14. I was dating this guy and we would spend all day text messaging each other. He thought he could tell that he liked me more because he actually spelled the word ‘you’ and I just put the letter ‘u’.
15. We are constantly protecting the male ego, and it’s a disservice to men. If a man has any sensitivity or intelligence, he wants to get the straight scoop from his girlfriend.
16. To find a prince, you gotta kiss some toads.
17. I don’t know the first real thing about the dating game. I don’t know how to talk to a specific person and connect. I just think you have to go to person by person and do the best you can with people in general.
18. Everything I buy is vintage and smells funny. Maybe that’s why I don’t have a boyfriend.
19. My philosophy of dating is to just fart right away.
20. I’m not great at dating, but I need to do it to relax.
21. Well, dating has become a sport and not about finding the person you love.
22. My mom is going to kill me for talking about sleeping with people. But I don’t want to put myself in the position where I’m in a monogamous relationship right now. I’m not dating just one person. ‘Sex and the City’ changed everything for me because those girls would sleep with so many people.
23. I have an urge to communicate. I think I’m a change from what it would be like dating a normal guy who doesn’t talk too much.
24. Dating is kind of hard. Like dinner or something like that. Like a forced awkward situation is very strange. Especially for me, for some reason.
25. Dating has taught me what I want and don’t want, who I am, and who I want to be.
26. Dating is really hard because everyone puts on a front. It’s really difficult to see who is who, so it is important to be yourself.
27. Mary Tyler Moore was a working woman whose story lines were not always about dating and men. They were about work friendships and relationships, which is what I feel my adult life has mostly been about.
28. Dating is different when you get older. You’re not as trusting, or as eager to get back out there and expose yourself to someone.
29. If I’m with a man, is that going to prevent me from achieving my goal? What sacrifices will I have to make in terms of being myself, if I’m with a man? Something that young women find out really quickly is that when you start dating, all of a sudden you’re supposed to have a role. You’re not allowed to just be yourself.
30. Women need to know that not all guys are going to hurt them the way that the guy did before they started dating me. I know guys I wouldn’t go out with.
7 Dating Web Sites for People Who Love Pets
Some of you might recall our post last year on Seven incredibly specific dating sites. There was one category left off the list, however: animal lovers! Here are 7 new specific dating sites just for you.
DogLover.biz claims it's ONLY for people who love dogs. That doesn't mean you have to own one, necessarily, only love "?em. Other than an extensive collection of links to stories like How to Deal With Your Dog's Separation Anxiety and Sibling Rivalry-Canine Style, I don't see anything on the site that's so different from Match.com. Okay, well, maybe there are more photos of single people with their pooches, but really, that's about it.
2. Animal Attraction
AnimalAttraction.com not only scores points for the best name, it has the best approach I've ever seen in an online dating site: Internet dating helps raise money for pet charities like the ASPCA! How? When you register a profile, Animal Attraction gives a buck to the charity of your choice. The more you log in to their site, the more money they donate.
From the copy: "Through registrations and daily logins, we've committed $29,560 to pets in need!"
Doesn't get much better than that. Animal rating: WOOOF WOOOF!
Speaking of Match.com, Animal People Personals claims they have partnered with Match, "to bring you thousands of more animal people"¦ to meet."? (Why not just join Match.com then and search by pets?)
From the Web site's copy: If you have the greatest pet in the world and the only thing missing is the love of your life, Animal People Personals can help connect you to others just like you. You don't have to have a pet, just a desire to connect with other animal lovers.
DogGoneSingles.com is one small part of the vast TangoWire dating network. According to their homepage copy, they run 4,000 Web sites, all for dating. (Really?!) I poked around the site, and by the looks of it, if you're on ANY TangoWire site and your profile includes the word "?dog' under pets, you show up on DogGoneSingles.com. Other than that, I don't see anything special for pet owners. Animal rating: meow
PetPeopleMeet.com is another site that seems really generic to me. Check out the special features this site offers: Picture Personals, Video and Audio Greetings, Send Contact to members, Detailed Search Criteria, Store Your Favorite Profiles"¦ the special pet-angle here is quite specific, wouldn't you say? (?)
There's really not one mention of pets other than in the URL.
Here's another site that's part of a larger network. But unlike Dog Gone Singles and their 4,000 sites, Must Love Pets is part of the U-DRIVE DATING Network of a mere 5 sites. Also unlike Dog Gone Singles, this one looks really good! From the copy:
Must Love Pets is the premiere pet finder destination for meeting and/or dating quality animal lovers who are single and seeking a sincere relationship with other dog lovers or cat lovers.
At Must Love Pets all animal lovers profiles are pre-screened and qualified insuring you a safe and enjoyable dating relationship. Must Love Pets is exclusively for pet lovers who are either a dog lover, a cat lover, or animal lover in general. Whatever your pet may be or even if you aren't a pet owner yet and are looking for a pet finder, you are more than welcome to become a member here at Must Love Pets
DateMyPet.com looks pretty legit, too. There doesn't seem to be a connection to other dating sites, and all six of the people signed up on the site (joking!) look like nice/normal people worth getting to know. The site also offers links to articles with titles such as "Hawaii: Visting with your pet - They want to hit the beaches too"? and "Traveling By Car With Your Pet."?
If you've ever met anyone through an animal-specific dating site, let us know the name of the site and how it worked out. Let's get some reviews going.
Perfect cookies are within your grasp. Just grab your measuring cups and get started. Special thanks to the Institute of Culinary Education.
Netflix might know your TV habits better than you do. Recently, the entertainment company's normally tight-lipped number-crunchers looked at user data collected between November 1, 2016 and November 1, 2017 to see which series people were powering through and which ones they were digesting more slowly. By analyzing members’ average daily viewing habits, they were able to determine which programs were more likely to be “binged” (or watched for more than two hours per day) and which were more often “savored” (or watched for less than two hours per day) by viewers.
They found that the highest number of Netflix bingers glutted themselves on the true crime parody American Vandal, followed by the Brazilian sci-fi series 3%, and the drama-mystery 13 Reasons Why. Other shows that had viewers glued to the couch in 2017 included Anne with an E, the Canadian series based on L. M. Montgomery's 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables, and the live-action Archie comics-inspired Riverdale.
In contrast, TV shows that viewers enjoyed more slowly included the Emmy-winning drama The Crown, followed by Big Mouth, Neo Yokio, A Series of Unfortunate Events, GLOW, Friends from College, and Ozark.
There's a dark side to this data, though: While the company isn't around to judge your sweatpants and the chip crumbs stuck to your couch, Netflix is privy to even your most embarrassing viewing habits. The company recently used this info to publicly call out a small group of users who turned their binges into full-fledged benders:
To the 53 people who've watched A Christmas Prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?
Oh, and if you're the one person in Antarctica binging Shameless, the streaming giant just outed you, too.
Netflix broke down their full findings in the infographic below and, Big Brother vibes aside, the data is pretty fascinating. It even includes survey data on which shows prompted viewers to “Netflix cheat” on their significant others and which shows were enjoyed by the entire family.
- LIVE SMARTER
- BIG QUESTIONS
- WEATHER WATCH
- BE THE CHANGE
- JOB SECRETS
- WORLD WAR 1
- SMART SHOPPING
- STONES, BONES, & WRECKS
- THE PRESIDENTS
Mental Floss store and save 15% on your first order?Commenting on the news richard gere dating sign up. Website for dating.